Thursday, February 21, 2008

wk interact


My wife, Lena, and I collect art. More specifically, we collect work by graffiti and street artists. That can be originals or limited edition prints. From time to time I'll show you a piece from our collection, or something new from the artist.

Part of the graff artist ethos is to be known only by their tag. Most of the artists in our collection are unknown to me except by their tag. Others are my good friends. I wish I could meet them all.

wk interact  is an artist whose work I've long admired and tried to acquire. (Graff artists can be extremely difficult to buy work from --- not wanting to "sell out".) If I had been able to buy from wk years ago, when he first hit my radar, I don't know what I could have paid, but certainly not the $12,000 his originals now command. 

wk interact's work is a blend of wild illustration stretched out like putty combined with other images like industrial drawings. On the streets or for installations, wk pastes up prepared images creating a collage of images and ideas.

He finally had a print that I liked, so wk interact is the newest addition to our collection.
   


No comments: